By this time, I can say that Malaysia has become a very familiar city to me. Not that I am now an expert, but I a way, now I know where to go and what to do. Let’s say, I will never run out of things to do and places to go to.
The perks of having local “influencer” and blogger friends, they can drag you along and know that the place they will bring you to will be worth it.
I was fortunate enough to connect with Ascend Skytours through my friends at @aboutkl.my. Ascend Skytours offer an extraordinary tour around Kuala Lumpur…yheap, I did say EXTRAORDINARY! …. Ok nothing fancy, just roaming around KL on a helicopter, simple right? Hahaha
HELICOPTER! YES! When they offered me a ride, I immediately jumped out of my seat and wanted to sign all papers needed (waivers and all). Unfortunately on the day we planned to go, it rained so I have to go back the next day to try my luck. Safety first!
The next day, the sun shined so bright and my hope was colorful as a rainbow ^^. This is the day!
The last time I got excited with heights was the time I went skydiving in Dubai.
Ascend Skytours offers 4 flight (tour) packages. It really depends on what you want to see and also your budget.
Here are the packages (note: I copied all the descriptions from their brochures hehe).
KL EXPRESS: 6 minutes Helicopter Ride
- Fly by Kuala Lumpur’s essential landmarks as you see the majestic city center from the whole new perspective
- Places to see: KLCC, KL Tower, Dataran Merdeka, National Palace, National Mosque
- Price: 630 RM
CITY EXPLORER: 15 minutes Helicopter Ride
- An aerial adventure of greater Kuala Lumpur that takes you right up to the majestic limestone cliffs and golden statue of Batu Caves.
- Places to see: Batu Caves, Federal Territory Mosque, Dataran Merdeka, KLCC, KL Tower
- Price: 1,550 RM
JUNGLE ESCAPE: 30 minutes Helicopter Ride
- Escape the concrete jungle, marvel at the beauty of nature as you soar over magnificent rainforest and sparkling lakes
- Places to see: Batu Dam, Quartz Ridge, TM Tower, National Palace, KLCC
- Price: 3,050 RM
Mountain View: 45 minutes Helicopter Ride
- Ascend above Kuala Lumpur’s gleaming skyscrapers to the rolling hills of Genting Highlands with our signature tour. It’s the ultimate indulgence.
- Places to see: Genting Highlands, Templer Park, Batu Caves, KL Tower, KLCC
- Price: 4,410 RM
We took the first package, which is a 6 minute ride around the city center. For someone who wants to experience this (and on a budget) this option is just right. 6 minutes seems short, but to be honest, it covered so many things. There might be a point that you’ll panic (like me) figuring out if you’ll shoot a video, photo or do an Instastory. Also, for the price, because we were 3 we can divide it and end up paying just 200 RM for the experience (tip: drag someone to join you).
Here are some of the photos I took during the whole tour.
The first time I arrived in KL, I have been researching where to get the best photo of the Petronas Tower and the KL Tower, I guess, now I know.
This really was an epic experience and I will never forget it. I am happy to have spent it with some of my very good Malaysian friends, we truly enjoyed our HIGH moments (get it?).
Watch my VLOG below (also subscribe to my youtube channel 🙂 )
To know how you can experience this, check out the details below
+603 7845 4677 ; +603 7845 8804
All flights departs from the KL City Titiwangsa Helipad